Sunday, May 6, 2012

11 Months Old!

It's really crazy that Baby CP is already 11 months old.  He's been learning all sorts of new things...some I know he learns from his nanny, but some I am not so sure...he just surprises me with new things he's picked up.
Baby CP enjoying his Mickey Mouse car, a gift from Mr. CP's uncle.
If you ask Baby CP where Mickey Mouse is in Chinese, he will crawl over to the car and point to the little figurine on the front.  He can actually do this whether you say Mickey Mouse in Mandarin or Cantonese.  He can also point to the mouse on his baby laptop if you ask him to.


Baby CP is also very helpful at bathtime.  He finds his toys on the floor, picks them up and leans over the wall of the big bathtub to put them into his baby bathtub.  He figured this out on his own.
Baby CP can clamor up stairs.  He likes to climb up the stairs at the park and he can climb from our ground floor up to the second floor very quickly.

Baby CP has gone to swimming class 4 weeks in a row.  He seems to be getting more comfortable in the water and the teacher has submerged his head under water two weeks in a row without any protest.  Although he doesn't kick yet and doesn't really do much of anything during class, he seems to get really tired because he will take a 2-3 hour nap when he gets home.  After his 3 hour nap today, we played for a bit in the living room and then took a walk to check out Sunday Streets - this week they blocked off a chunk of 24th street to make it a biking and pedestrian area.

Here is Baby CP pointing to a dog on his activity table.  He can also point to dogs in books, so it seems that he understands the concept as opposed to just knowing that one photo of a dog.  I could swear that he can also say the words "gou gou" though I think he might just be imitating me and he can't always do it.

This morning, while eating breakfast, Baby CP started throwing his arms up in the air, but I wasn't sure why.  I had never seen him do it so deliberately before.  Maybe he learned this at library storytime or from some other kids, but I kept saying "Yay!"  By afternoon, he would do it on command. 

Yay!
We stopped by a display of very shiny classic cars on 24th Street, but they were playing loud music nearby which upset the little guy.  After about 2 minutes he started to cry briefly.  When he stopped, I snapped this pic, but he seemed unhappy so we headed to the park.


Baby CP has a biting problem.  I know that some babies tend to bite more when they are teething, but I feel like Baby CP does it everyday...though I suppose he could have "itchy gums" from teething everyday...I can't ever be really sure what is going on under the surface.  When I get home from work he tends to be tired and he crawls all over me and bites my pants and sleeves...and sometimes if he gets my leg or arm in there it hurts a lot.  I thought maybe it was because we used to nibble on his arm to get giggles since he was ticklish.  Sometimes when parents do this, babies think biting is fun, but they don't know their own strength, so we stopped doing that a few weeks ago, but he's still biting.  Someone at work said we should nickname him "Sharkie."