Thursday, June 12, 2014

Today we're sad

Today was Baby CP's last day at daycare.  In order to secure his spot in preschool at the end of July, he had to start at his new school in the class for 2 year olds next Monday.  Much like the weeks leading up to when his nanny moved away, I felt anxious and a bit sad.  I know that he's growing up and is ready to move onto preschool, but we were very happy with his daycare and knew that the ladies there took very good care of him.  I know that it's probably harder on me than it is on him.  For him, it's probably more like one day he'll just think to himself, hey, I haven't gone to that place or seen that friend in a while rather than understanding that today is the last day that he'll be seeing some of the people he has been seeing almost everyday for a year and a half.  As the adults, we think of and dwell on the latter.
He said he was making "sad chocolate face"
3rd Birthday party
Last night I told him that I'll be taking him to the doctor on Friday.
Baby CP: Is the doctor going to stab me?
Me: Ummm...why don't we say "poke?" You're not going to cry, right?
Baby CP: Is the doctor going to poke me?
Me: You're not going to cry, right? Pinky swear?
No response from Baby CP.
Baby CP says all kinds of stuff with a little attitude these days. Sometimes when I ask him to do something, he will say "OK, OK!" like a teenager who has been nagged by his mom.

ABCs and 123s - Baby CP can identify the numbers 1-10 except has some issues with 6 and 9 since they looks so similar. He also knows the letters B, C, H, I, M, O, S, T, V, P consistently.

Learning of opposites continues rapidly - The other day, I told him that if he left his candy "exposed" someone might just take it. I told him that he should have one of his toys stand guard to "protect: it. A couple hours later, we were discussing how the axles of his Francesco Bernoulli race car were all bent.

Me: Francesco Bernoulli's axels bent easily because they are open wheels - they're exposed - But look at Lightning's wheels, they are covered here (with fenders). The axles probably won't bend because...?"
Baby CP: They're protected!

Swimming - Baby CP is improving in swim class every couple of weeks. This week he dove down towards the bottom of the pool with his goggles on to pick up toys and he was relaxing on his back (with the help of a floatation device) and kicking to move backwards.  This weekend, he'll be in the pool without daddy, as he moves up to more independent classes - 3 kids to one teacher.