Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Rolling Right

We think Baby CP is right handed, so I thought it was strange that he started trying to roll left first.  He has managed to turn left a couple times, but most of the time he just gets really close and he's usually only trying to turn that way if his stomach hurts, if he's hungry or if he's really sleepy - basically whenever he has a complaint.  Yesterday, I decided to lie down on his right side to see if he'd roll towards me and he tried to do it.  He failed, but he had pretty decent form.  Today, he woke up after a 5 minute nap (it took me 30 minutes to get him to fall asleep by the way!), and he decided he'd try to roll towards me on the right again.  I was impressed that he was sooo close after a couple tries, so I ran to grab my phone to take a video, but by the time I got it he had already rolled over and was lifting his head high and smiling.  I can't believe he mastered it so quickly!  We really need to be careful with him on any elevated surfaces now...