Thursday, September 1, 2011

2 Month Physical (at almost 3 months)

This morning, I was nervous...Baby CP had an appointment for his 2 month physical which I knew would include vaccines.  We arrived on time and Baby CP was a little fussy from the get-go and started whimpering.  Maybe he knew what was coming...

The nurse asked me to remove his clothes for the weight and height measurements, which seemed to calm him down.  He weighed in at 15 lbs 8 oz and around 25 inches, which is around 90th percentile for both...he's a big kid.   

The calm before the storm...
Baby CP was given an oral vaccine and 3 shots.  The first shot caused normal crying...the second caused more elevated screaming...and the third was like a 3 alarm fire.  Luckily the nurse worked fast.  Baby CP was a trooper though...I held him for a couple minutes, fed him a little and he quieted down.  I popped him into the stroller and we were on our way.  Baby CP passed out on the way home. 

When we got home, Baby CP woke up but was strangely quiet - no crying and no fussing and almost smiles.  He went down for a 20 minute nap and then it started...the crying...the fussing...insisting on being held in order to nap for about 10-15 minutes at a time.  He can even cry in his sleep!  My arms felt like they were going to fall off. I had to give in and give him a little Baby Tylenol.  He fell asleep right away...I'm hoping he was just super cranky because of a combo of the pain and lack of sleep.  Maybe if he's well-rested tonight, I can get by without giving another dose.