Sunday, November 27, 2011

Still Sleep Training

It's been another 5 nights of sleep training...Baby CP still needs to cry for about 7-8 minutes before falling asleep at bedtime.  When he wakes up for his middle of the night feeding, he can sometimes fall back asleep on his own in his crib with the seahorse after about 3 minutes (though once it took more like 15 min).  I was really hoping there would be more progress within a week, but I guess we'll keep trying for at least another week.

Today was the first time I had to put him down for a daytime nap, which I already knew would be harder because of the light.  Somehow, the nanny is able to get him to sleep in his crib during the week without crying.  Other times, we used to rely on things like planning walks with his stroller or the ergo or holding him at naptime.  I will have to have Mr. CP learn the nanny's secrets because Baby CP clearly will not let mommy leave him in his crib without sad eyes, outreaching arms asking to be taken out and eventual crying and screaming.  Today when I went into the room to turn on the seahorse music again he got even louder and angrier, so I ended up turning on our Logitech Squeezebox which plays lullabies through Pandora.

He just fell asleep...it took 6 minutes of whining and another 18 minutes of crying and screaming to get there...sigh...