Wednesday, March 21, 2012

44 Weeks Old

I don't have any photos of videos to share today, but I wanted to post so I could remember exactly when it happened....for the past week, Baby CP has been falling asleep on his own in his crib at bedtime!!  He has also done it a few times after waking up early in the morning so that mommy and daddy can get another 1-2 hours of sleep.  After he had recovered from his second cold, we left him in his crib to CiO for about 20 minutes one night at 3:30am.  He cried for a few minutes and whined for the rest of the time.  After that night, I instituted a mini routine (drink milk, sip some water, read a book, turn out the lights, turn on the seahorse and leave) and he whined for about 1-2 minutes the first couple nights, but last night I didn't hear a peep.  The first few nights he still woke up at around 3 or 4, but I only gave him his water to drink and he would take only a couple sips before I left him to go back to sleep (and he did it on his own).  The goal is to teach him that sleeptime is no longer eating time.  The past 2 nights he hasn't woken up until around 6 am, so maybe he's figured it out.  We do feed him if he wakes up at around 5:30 or 6 because by then he's gone about 9 hours without food, so he is probably legitimately hungry.