Tuesday, January 15, 2013

19 Months, 1 Week - Baby CP Starts Daycare

Yesterday, Baby CP officially started going to daycare.  We bought him his own backpack and got him a new spill-proof big kid cup to get him ready.

He already had a runny nose before starting...oh well.  When we got to the hallway, his daycare teacher asked him to give her a hug and he walked down the hallway to hug her.  =)  Once in the door, he walked into to go find some toys.  His teacher told me that he cried for a few minutes after I walked out the door...pointing to the door asking for "ma ma."  I had a feeling this morning would be tougher, and sure enough once he got inside, he didn't go in too far and came back asking me to hold him.  He started crying when he realized I was not going to pick him back up.  Poor guy.  I hope he accepts the routine quickly and that he doesn't start crying earlier and earlier, like when we first leave home or something.
Jin Jin Jang! Apparently they make BBQ spatulas shaped like guitars.  Baby CP really got a kick out of it and thankfully didn't give me too much trouble when I told him to put it back so we could leave the store.

Baby CP likes his YeoZi Mao (Pomelo Hat).
Baby CP's new favorite words - He's upgraded from "goong goong goong" (the sound of a tractor) to "wa tu" which is basically the Chinese words for an excavator/bulldozer type vehicle.  He is now also using "huo che" (and pronounced very well, I might add) as an alternative for "choo choo train".  He also recognizes and can say many body parts in both Chinese and English.  One of my favorites is when Dora the Explorer needs to use her backpack...then he says" bok pok" - funny.

For Christmas, Mini Burrito gave Baby CP a little "baby bear"...we asked Baby CP what he'd like to name the bear, and immediately, he said "A Ge."  I have no idea what it means or where he might have come up with such a name, but he fully understood the concept of choosing a name, because he was full of giggles after choosing the name and repeating it over and over again and when we saw A Ge, he runs to get him.