Thursday, April 10, 2014

34 Months Old!

I went on a trip without Baby CP for the first time this past weekend.  I was gone for four days and I wasn't sure how Baby CP would take it.  I had to get on a redeye and he didn't fall asleep on the way to the airport so I did have to say goodbye and you could see the wheels turning in his facial expression when he was trying to grapple with the idea that I was leaving to go inside the airport without him.  He was sad...shed a few tears without crying loudly and then left with daddy.  I'm told he was a model citizen all weekend, except that he went to bed late. 
He needs a haircut!!
Apparently the weather was beautiful while I was away.  I was only gone for four days, but he sounds different and looks different already.  He seemed a little bigger and his speech patterns are a little bit more fluid and grown up...weird, right?
He tells me this pose is the foot telephone.
While I was gone, Baby CP had some Easter-related arts and crafts at daycare.  To his delight, this involved chocolates...all eaten before I got back.

Here are some photos of Baby CP being helpful in the kitchen.  He put all of the chopped apples into the batter and used his own little whisk to make apple muffins.

And apparently they were making dumplings in daycare today.  Yum!