Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Celebrating Uncle Luke's Birthday in Gualala - 31.5 Months

I guess I forgot to post this 3 months ago -

Last weekend, we celebrated Uncle Luke's birthday up in Gualala, Mendocino County.  Mommy had some motion sickness issues while driving up the VERY windy roads in the dark.  Think stopping dead in the middle of the road and opening the passenger side door so I could throw up.  Yuck.  Thankfully Baby CP had fallen asleep in the back.

Baby CP had so much fun with 3 older buddies and Grande Burrito.  The last couple times we all got together, Baby CP hung back a little - I think because he felt intimidated by the group of kids who were so busy doing older kid things - but this time he really hung out as part of the group and kept up with the older kids the whole time.  They played on the tire swing, climbed up to a wooden tree shack of sorts, played with the arcade game in the living room and messed around with all other kinds of things in the house.  All of the kids were very well behaved.
He loves nothing more than he loves ice cream.
And judging by his face, you can tell chocolate is his favorite flavor.
Hanging out on the small beach with his buddy Caleb.
The small cove was beautiful
We also spent a couple hours trying to get some crabs off of the pier.  When we got home, Baby CP was pretending to throw things down the side of a chair to "get crabs."

When it was time to drive home, I was sure Baby CP would whine and cry about my not sitting in the backseat with him.  I explained to him that I might puke if I sat back there.  He understands the concept of "puke" because when he gets too excited and runs around too much, he starts coughing which triggers his gag reflex and then....puke.  So, lucky for me, he was sympathetic and said that it was ok if I sat in the front.

These days, Baby CP no longer wakes up from naps crying.  He might whine a little, but for the past month or so, he doesn't have those 20-30 bouts of continuous crying and demanding to be held.  I for one am glad that he has outgrown that.

He now likes to drink "like a big boy" and will often refuse a straw.  He also wants to pee "like a big boy" and stands in front of his potty rather than sitting down.  We didn't push these things on him.  He just decided that was what he wanted to do.

Baby CP attended his first preschool playdate.  Mr. CP took him so I did not witness it personally, but I'm told that he behaved well and even helped put some toys away at the end.  I hope his play date at the other preschool(s) go as well.