Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Daycare Family & Growing Up

Baby CP has been attending Apple Tree Daycare since January of 2013.  I can't believe he's been there for moer than 15 months now.  Sadly, since he will be turning 3 in a couple months, the time to advance to preschool is approaching.  He may not realize what is happening - he may not know that his last day in June will be the last day he will see his loving daycare providers and his Apple Tree friends - but I will surely be sad.  I think his teacher Jasmine grows a bond with each child and in anticipation of a few of her little ones moving on in the summer/fall, she took this daycare family photo today.

Everyday, when Baby CP goes to daycare, I know he will be well taken care of.  I know that he will eat lunch.  I know that he will take a nap.  I know that he will be disciplined when appropriate.  I also know that I will probably get a couple photos of his activities during the day.  I will definitely miss those updates.

Baby CP has an unhealthy addiction to DisneycollectorBR videos on Youtube.  They're strange videos of a lady opening and assembling disney toys.  He cries for them and the cry is unlike any cry.  It's a cry of pure desperation as if he'll die if he can't watch the videos.  He doesn't throw too many temper tantrums but when he wants to watch these videos he is super stubborn and won't leave the computer even if you say you're going out or upstairs.  Finally, I told him that if he can't stop watching without crying, then I won't let him watch at all.  This usually gets him to calm down.
Loving the Rasta hair that his dad made for his cars.
Baby CP has hit a growth spurt recently.  He looks taller and his legs meatier.  All his 2T pants seem a little too short and I may have to break out the 3T pants.  His head has also grown, because I have had to loosen his bicycle helmet twice in the past week and a half! 

He likes to goof around in his sunglasses.


He will feed himself if it's something yummy like jello or mangos.
A couple months ago, I realized that Baby CP understood the concept of opposites after just a couple examples from me.  What I didn't know was that very soon after understanding that concept, children learn how to disagree with opposites and other logical arguments.   

"No, it's not big, it's small!"

While confronted with some of his remaining dinner on one place and another plate containing mango...

Me:  Here, eat this shrimp.   You like shrimp.
Baby CP:  But, I like mango too.

One of his favorite funny ways to taunt his dad: 
"Mama - I love you a lot.  Baba - I love you a little bit, now cry REALLY REALLY LOUD!"

He has started to distinguish "dark" colors from regular colors.  I don't think he has started pointing out "light" colors yet.  He can identify 1,2,4,7,8.  He has trouble with 6 and 9 which look alike and I don't think he knows 5 is a number.  It kind of looks like an S.  He knows a handful of letters and likes to pretend he can spell or read. 

We took Baby CP to his first baseball game recently.  He picked up on the fan clapping right away.

I need to get a video of Baby CP on his kick scooter.  It took him about a week to get it, but he loves it now and it helps us get to BART in the morning.  I'd much rather have to deal with him on a scooter than have to carry him when he's tired.