Friday, February 10, 2012

8 Months Old!

Baby is 8 months old (or 37 weeks old)!

This past week, Baby CP enjoyed some spinach in his oatmeal.  We think he's teething again because he acts a little crazy sometimes and wants to find things to chew on.  He might also be hungry or just generally curious and excited about food.  One night, I had some chinese broccoli sitting in a plate on the coffee table with dinner.  I turned around to talk to Mr. CP about something for about a minute and when I looked at Baby CP who was standing in front of me he had already shoved a piece of chinese broccoli into his mouth.  I thought it might be bitter for babies, but he didn't seem to mind.  The next day I gave him a lemon to play with while I was washing dishes and when I turned around he was using his little teeth to gnaw on the peel.  He had little bits of lemon zest on his bib...haha...he smelled lemony fresh all morning!

I bought the Boon highchair on Craigslist because I wanted a chair that is easy to clean.  This chair doesn't have all the folds and crevices so it's easy to wipe down. The food tray can be put in the dishwasher if that's your thing.  The chair is on the heavy side, but it has a couple really nice features.  The chair is very sturdy and rolls everywhere.  The nanny can take him from room to room in it and he likes being wheeled around.  The chair also has a pnuematic lift so you can adjust the height of the seat easily.

Yesterday, I returned home to find that Baby CP had caught a cold.  The poor guy had a runny snotty nose and had barely slept all day.  I was afraid that he would wake up every hour since his nasal passages were blocked, but I think he was just so exhausted and I had given him some baby tylenol to help.  He ended up sleeping from 10-5:30 and then another couple hours after that so it wasn't too bad.  I was hoping he would get some sleep so that he could recuperate faster.  

This is a photo from a month and a half ago of Baby CP sitting in a shopping cart for the first time.  He loves going shopping...so many things to see!  Sometimes he twists himself all around so that he can see as the cart is being pushed forward but usually he is just really calm and content.