Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Before Baby CP's Arrival - Month by Month Snapshots

We were by no means religious in documenting the growth of my belly.  Below are the photos that we just so happened to collect over the months...
November (2 months) - Lily and I at the DeYoung Museum - You can't really tell yet.
January (About 3.5 months) - It looks like I have a gut.
February (4.5 months) - There is no hiding it now.
March (5 months)
Just a couple weeks before the estimated due date.
Over 40 weeks I gained about 40 pounds, which is outside of the recommended range and definitely more than I wanted to put on, but it was still manageable and, according to the doctors I was still healthy and my weight was not a cause for concern.  Lucky for me, my pregnancy was not difficult and I did not have to deal with gestational diabetes or preeclampsia, but I definitely should have exercised more. 

During month 7, I spent 2 weeks in Europe walking all over Paris and Barcelona.  I was big, but not uncomfortable.  It was a great trip and I was so glad that I went.

My face didn't get as large as it looks in this last photo.  Mr. CP just happened to capture a moment when I had just stuffed something into my mouth.  (He specializes in unflattering photos.)