Saturday, July 30, 2011

He Loves It, He Loves It Not

Baby CP will suck on the pacifier for short periods of time sometimes, but will usually spit it out.  We have to hold it in place for a while before he'll take to it and there is no guarantee that he will.  Sometimes I try to get him to hold his head facing straight up so that I have gravity on my side.  There have been a few times where he has sucked on it until his eyes closed and he has dozed off, but except for one or two instances, once the pacifier pops out of his mouth, he wakes up again.  I wonder if he'll just be one of those babies that doesn't like pacifiers...my poor ears...
Dozing off...

I've been swaddling Baby CP in swaddle blankets, but they tend to get loose, and sometimes he wriggles out of them in a way that looks like a choking hazard.  On the suggestion of a friend, I tried a Halo Sleepsack Swaddle that someone had given to me.  Baby CP didn't like it...he screamed and cried for a long time before settling down.  He did finally fall asleep, but not for long...but that could have been because he was awakened by a poop which made him cry.  The thing with swaddling is...although it helps him sleep longer, when he wakes up, if he can't wriggle out easily, he gets himself worked up trying to get himself out of it.
This past week, Baby CP seems to have learned to have a little patience...he will make little sounds to let you know he's awake rather tan full blown crying, especially if he was wrapped in something he easily got out of.  Perhaps the velcro swaddles are just too much for him.